Department of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science,
Tumkur University, Tumakuru, Karnataka, India.
in association with
Karnataka State College Librarians Association (KSCLA) and
Alumni Association of Library and Information Science, Tumkur University (AALISTU)
Sir M Visvesvaraya Auditorium, Tumkur University, Tumakuru
Library in the Life of the User
Library in the Life of the User
• LIS Education, Research and Training
LIS Curriculum: Experience and Expectations, Innovative technologies for teaching, Research Trends in LIS, MOOCs and Role of Libraries, Role of associations in development of LIS, Future Prospects of Library Science.
• Trends and Technologies in Libraries
Cloud Computing and Linked Data, Trends in Digitization, Data Curation and Archiving, Mobile Applications for Libraries, Information & Data Analysis Tools and Technologies, Library automation, Library Security, Library as a social space , Taking libraries to the users, Green Libraries.
• Information Storage and Retrieval Systems
Digital Libraries, Metadata Interoperability and Standards, Digital Conservation and Preservation, Big Data and Data Mining, Semantic Web, Development in Open Source Technologies, Internet: Affordability and Access.
• Knowledge Organization & Management
Knowledge Commons and Research Commons, Organization of e-resources, Research Data Management, Digital information seeking behavior.
• Management of Library and Information Centers
Best practices in Library & Information Science, Outreach Services, Transition from print to electronic, Information literacy and lifelong learning, Free and Open source software, User Relationship Management, Social Networking sites and their applications in Libraries.
• IPR: Role of Libraries
Plagiarism: Issues and Challenges, Digital Rights Management, Ethics in Publishing.
• Metric Studies
Bibliometrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics, Altmetrics, Infographics.
Papers may also be contributed on any topic related to the main theme.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
• All papers will go through plagiarism detection for the originality of the content.
• Select Papers will be published in the form of Conference Proceedings with ISBN.
• Papers of registered delegates only will be considered for inclusion in the Proceedings.
• Distinguished Papers will be published in a reputed journal.
• All authors of accepted papers are request to submit an author declaration form.
• Papers may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th Jan, 2019.
• The first/corresponding author will be communicated regarding the status of the paper submitted.
Working Professionals Rs. 1500
Research Scholars (without conference kit) Rs.1000
Students (without conference kit & proceedings) Rs.500
Note: Delegates have to make their own arrangement for accommodation. A good number of hotels are available in Tumakuru. Registration fee includes conference Kit, Proceedings, food & refreshments.
DD/Cheque should be drawn in favour of
"Organizing Secretary, National Conference", Tumkur University, Tumakuru, Payable at Tumakuru
Account Number: 38122937782
Bank: State Bank of India
Brach: Tumkur University Campus Brach
For More Information Contact
Dr. B. T. Sampath Kumar,
Professor, Department of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science,
Tumkur University, Tumakuru-572103, Karnataka INDIA
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +91-94483 20187